Monday, July 15, 2013

Tag It

Hello again!  Today I am only using one challenge for inspiration.  The stamp set I used was inspiration in itself.  I'll share more about that in a moment here.  The challenge was from Color Throwdown. http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/



As soon as I saw these colors I knew which set I was going to use.  Its called Tag It.  This is the Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set for this year.  For every purchase of this set Stampin' Up donates $3 to RMHC.  This cause is near and dear to me because a little over 9 years ago I had the privilege of being able to stay at a Ronald McDonald House while my daughter had open heart surgery.  What a blessing!  Enough typing...here's the card.

 

Isn't that chameleon just the cutest thing you've ever seen!!!  He was the reason I just had to have this set.

Tag It also coordinates with the Chalk talk framelits that I mentioned yesterday.  This card was pretty quick to put together.  Crumb cake is the base.  Bermuda Bay is the layer.  I punched out several sizes of circles in Melon Mambo and So Saffron and adhered them and then ran it all through the Big Shot using the Chevron Embossing Folder.  Then I used markers to color in my stamp image and cut it out with the Chalk Talk framelits. Then I added some ribbon (retired) and tied it off with a little bit of linen thread and baker's twine. Pop it up on some dimensionals and presto - you are done!

I hope you enjoyed today's selection.  Stop back soon! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. What a darling little tag and I absolutely love how you created the background!!!! Thanks for helping us celebrate the Color Throwdown's 5th Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday card! Love the embossed background you created for the tag. Thanks so much for joining us for our big celebration at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete