Friday, July 12, 2013

Morning Meadow

Good Morning!  Here is a card with some new stamps and new colors to awaken your senses!  I covered two challenges with it and am excited to send it to a friend with an upcoming birthday.  I know she will love it!

The sketch came from retro sketches http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/
 

And the color combo from Hand Stamped Sentiments http://www.handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com/


So - here is my card!
I used the Morning Meadow Hostess stamp set.  I love the flourish frame and the flowers!   I also added some Sahara Sand as my neutral and it tied in nicely with the linen thread on the button.



This card also features a button that I made with the new Simply Pressed Clay and Molds.  It was super easy and I just colored it with my Strawberry Slush marker when it was dry.  I added a little bit of linen thread to complete the look.

To give it a little texture I embossed the Crisp Cantelope piece with the Fancy Fan EF.
Hope you enjoyed my selection for the day.  See ya soon!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. Great card - I hope you join me at 52 Card Pickup again this week!
    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/07/52-card-pickup-228.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, the layers and patterns work so well together! And am I right in thinking that you made the clay flowers in the plain white color, and then colored later instead of mixing in reinker? That makes so much sense! Brilliant :) Thanks so much for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I colored afterwards with the Stampin' Write markers. It was very easy and quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Love the texture! Those molds are so fun! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete