Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday Morning

Ever have one of those days - right from the get go where its supposed to be sunny and the rain is drizzling, the kids are crabby and not ready to go to school, the housework is piled up and you've misplaced your to do list?!  Yep - that was my morning so I decided to unwind by getting some cards made - therapy with a good end result :)

 I have a ton of scraps of the Polka Dot Parade DSP left over from another project and was trying to think of a way to use all those little odd shaped pieces and then I came up with this.  I punched the triangles out with the Petite Pennants Builder punch and put them together in an alternating pattern.  I then added a little strip of Silver Glimmer paper.  The cute little santa is from the stamp set Tag It.  I used my Real Red and Old Olive markers to color it.  I then cut it out with the Chalk Talk Framelits.  I used a Rhinestone Basic Jewel so it would compliment the glimmer paper (see below).  The base is Baked Brown Sugar.

Challenge Link:
http://seizethesketch.blogspot.ca/



 I just love these colors together - don't you?  The base is Perfect Plum.  The flags are Strawberry Slush and Old Olive.  I stamped the images with Daydream Medallions and cut them out with the Floral Frames framelits.  I added a solid color medallion behind each stamped one for more depth (see below).  In the center of the Medallion trio is a Large Basic Pearl and over to the side is one of each size of the Pearl Basic Jewels.  The sentiment comes from the hostess set Simply Sketched.

Challenge Link:
http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2013/08/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-191.html




 I don't know why I make all these Halloween cards.  I think it is simple because I just love all the images in the Best of Halloween stamp set (August).  The colors for this card are Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, and Rich Razzleberry.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wished and then cut out with Bitty Banner framelit.  A smaller one is layered behind the larger one.  I don't have the Chevron punch so I made do with the retired Photo Corners punch.

Challenge Links:
http://abcchallenges.blogspot.com/
ABC42 'No Flowers'
Create any card you'd like without using any flowers.




 My final card for the morning is one for a baby.  My baby is almost 7!!!  I just thought it fit so well with the sketch.  Baby Prints and Itty Bitty Banners are the stamp sets for this card.  The soft colors I used are Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, and Pink Pirouette.  I was in the mood to do some paper piercing so I gave a small touch to each scallop of the circle and used the Occassions Paper Piercing Pack to help pierce around the banner (see below).  Now, to find someone to share this card with!

Challenge Link:
http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/


Now, I should probably go find that to do list and check off a few things before the kids are back! Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely chevron creativity! Cute card with great use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely chevron creativity! Cute card with great use of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun collection of cards you created, Denise! I love how you used the corner punch for the accent pieces on your Halloween card. Very cool! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards, Denise! Your Paper Player card is super cute! I love the chevrons made from designer paper! Great Halloween colors! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great use of the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-235.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome cards and i agree, crafting is the best therapy ever :)

    Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards and yes to the crafting being therapeutic:)

    thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Halloween card, what a great idea to use the photo corner punch in place of the chevron punch! Thank you for playing along with our 'No Flowers' challenge over at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete