1. My first card is one that we created at my June club meeting. I've seen so many cute flag cards made with the Work of Art stamp set, but , alas, I do not have it. So, I tried to make one using a stamp set I did have - Gorgeous Grunge. I thought it was pretty cool.
Had to use the Bravo stamp set for a fun sentiment on the inside!
2. This card showcases the color scheme from http://colourq.blogspot.com/ and the sketch from http://seizethesketch.blogspot.ca/
I pulled out a set that I love but don't use often - Mosaic Madness. I also have a few stamps from Everything Eleanor and Itty Bitty Banners. Embossing folders, punches, and framelits that coordinate make putting a card like this together in a snap!
3. Next, we have a fun color combo provided by http://www.handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com/ and a sketch from http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/
I added Sahara Sand a a neutral color for this card. This uses the Flower Patch stamp set and the matching Flower Fair framelits. The DSP is from the Moonlight DSP stack. My wow factor is the Dazzling Details on the edges of each layer of the flower.
Here's a closer look with each layer popped up.
4. I super love the color combo on this card given to me by http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/create-with-connie-and-mary/ and the sketch provided by http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/was pretty fun also.
I think Nautical everytime I see this color combo but decided to stick with clean and simple. This definitely reminds me of my oldest niece so I may save it for her birthday this year. The buttons (made from simply pressed clay) were colored with markers. I'm also loving the new thick baker's twine!
Here's your Mashup Challenge:
- Create a Project with a "Watercolor Wash".
- Create a "CAS project or one with Minimal Layers".
- or Mash it Up! and create a "CAS project with a Watercolor Wash".
I love part of the water coloring on the background of the card. Most of the Lost Lagoon is covered by the banner. I really like how the banner turned out. I finally made something that looked exactly like the picture in my brain! This card came together really quickly - thanks aqua painters!
6. Almost done - I had so much fun making this birthday card on our Nation's birthday. While making this card I took some time to reflect on my gratefulness for so many freedoms and the people who have fought for them. Thank you service men and women of the past, present and future! This card also combines three challenges. A theme from http://www.catherineandcathycreate.com/ and http://seizethebirthday.blogspot.ca/, and a sketch from http://sketchfrenzyfriday.blogspot.com/
CHALLENGE: National Pride
"Stars and Or Stripes
I had a lot of fun using the new Decorative Mask to make the stars on the background. And then, also with the stars for a banner from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack.
7. Finally, a few feathers from A Happy Hooray and the sentiment and heart from Something to Say helped me to complete the challenges from http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/ and http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/
I tried to use my fringe scissors on the feathers but the fringe wasn't fine enough and I cut right through the feather...so I just got out my paper snips and fringed the edges. It only took about 2 seconds longer. The DSP is from Sweet Taffy DSP. I love all the bold and bright colors of those papers!
Well, I hope you've enjoyed my collection. Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!Pin It Now!