Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Getting ready for daddy's day


Can I just say how much I love blogs that post challenges?!  It always gives me a starting point for my creativity.

This week had a very simple design layout  at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Check it out at http://www.handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com/



This seemed like a good one for a Father's Day card.  Here's my take on it.

The card base is Crumb Cake.  I used the Poetry Prints DSP from the Spring catalog  - I thought it had a nice manly feel to it.  The blue is Marina Mist with some Midnight Muse ribbon across it.



The focal point is one of the window framelits in Crumb Cake again.  I outlined it with a small square of Midnight Muse and then a little larger square of Summer Starfruit.  The stamp set is Delightful Dozen stamped in Midnight Muse and then the Father's is colored in with the fine tip of the Crumb Cake marker.  A Naturals button and some linen thread finish off the look.

Thanks for looking!
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card, and very nice manly color selection, thanks so much for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice, clean card, and I love the woodsy button touch...just enough "masculine"! I like the polka dot paper, too. Thanks for joining us at HSS :) Erika

    ReplyDelete