Thursday, October 11, 2012

Spring Petals & Snowmen?

Welcome to Thursday!  I know its been a while since I posted but I have been having a marvelous time with crafting and stamping ...I'll have lots to show you in the near future!  I did well at the craft fair that I participated in last week.  You'll be seeing some of the items I made for that soon as well.  Anyway, I love to do the Color Me Beautiful Challenges and this week's challenge was called Spring Petals.  I kinda questioned spring petals in the throws of autumn but since I'm also working on a lot of Christmas items I figured I was a touch out of season too!  Here is the color scheme:



Here is my take on it - fitting into the theme I've been working with :)


I know its not the best photo, but I was having trouble with my lighting today.  I used the Pink Pirouette card base and the gray and greens for some panels in the back.  Those were embossed with the retired Snowburst embossing folder (still love it). The snowmen are the Frosty Friends single stamp set in the Holiday catalog.  I stamped them on white and then used the Apothecary  Accents Framelits to cut it out. I then sponged the edge with Pink Pirouette. This was popped up with Dimensionals.  The circles that say Merry Christmas are from the Delightful Decorations stamp set in the main catalog.  They were stamped in Regal Rose paper with Regal Rose ink and then punched out with the 3/4" circle punch.  These also are popped up on Dimensionals.  There are two large rhinestones from the Basic Jewels and finally I spritzed the whole card with a mixture of rubbing alcohol and Frost White Shimmer Paint.  I may use this for one of my upcoming Stamp-A-Stack classes.  
Thanks for looking!

Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the shimmer mist you spritzed it with. I have not been brave enough to make any of that yet. What kind of rubbing alcohol do you use? Thanks for playing at CMB this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use the 70% Isopropyl Alcohol that you get in the first aid section at any drug store. Its really easy. I purchased some travel size spritz bottles (before Stampin' Up came out with theirs) and filled the bottle about halfway full with the alcohol and then added about 10-12 drops of shimmer paint and shake until mixed. The paint will settle on the bottom if you don't use it but you can just shake it again and its good to go.

      Delete
  2. Too cute! Love the sparkle & your layout...very nice job! Thanks for playing with CMB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love how you did the panels behind the image and the shimmer spray is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! So glad you could join us again at CMB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful!! I love the panels and the snow people are just adorable!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Color Me Beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete